Dynamic Websites Versus Static Websites
Before you go to a webmaster for a website to be developed it is important to know the difference so that you can determine the best solution for your website.
Let me explain you these concepts……
A static site is a website that is written entirely using HTML. Each web page is a separate document and there are no databases or external files that are drawn upon.
This means that the only way to edit this type of website is to go into each page and edit the HTML. So you would have to do it yourself using a web page editor such as FrontPage or Dreamweaver, or pay your web developer to make updates for you.
A dynamic website is written using more complex code - such as PHP or ASP - and has a greater degree of functionality. For instance, many dynamic websites can be controlled by a CMS(content management system). This means that you will potentially be able to make updates without needing any knowledge of HTML or any website software.
Each page of a dynamic website is generated from information stored in a database or external file. And the content management system that you may use to maintain your website directly modifies this stored information.
Which one do you prefer?
Many people prefer dynamic websites because they have a lot of benefits.
1. Dynamic sites reduce ongoing maintenance costs,
2. Make data management very efficient,
3. Enable the addition of any future add-ons such as data feeds or a comprehensive site search.
4. They also make it impossible to destroy the layout, as might happen if you edit it from a web page editor.
5. Above all…it makes you website interactive rather than just text displaying page.
There are some drawbacks to using dynamic websites as well.
1. First, they usually cost more to develop, because they require more complex coding, as well as the development of a content management interface to enable you to maintain your website.
2. Second, you will need to obtain web hosting which supports databases and dynamic languages. Fortunately, most hosts do offer these features by default.
There are affordable dynamic sites that don’t skimp on workability, options, or functionality. The Final Code is one such company. Often times The Final Code’s dynamic sites cost less than static sites
The Final Code also offers great hosting fees for very little money and offers unlimited usage of the dynamic application. That means you can create as much content as you want because you have unlimited storage.